Have you planned the treats that you are going to prepare for the Christmas party at your home? No? Then in this blog, I will discuss a simple yet unique recipe for X-Mas light cupcakes, that all your guests might even fall in love with. These confections are fun to bake and prepare, plus you can ask your kids to lend a hand too, without worrying about them making a mess. You can either make them at home or order them from me if you would be busy preparing other menu items:
1. 200g of softened, unsalted butter
2. 1 cup of caster sugar
3. 3 eggs
4. 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
5. ½ cup of milk
6. 2½ cups of sifted, self-raising flour
7. Buttercream icing
8. Black writing icing
1. First of all, preheat the oven to a temperature of around 180 degrees Celsius. Meanwhile, line 24 cupcake pans using paper cases.
2. Next, take a small bowl and combine the sugar, vanilla extract and butter in it using a mixer. Once they have mixed thoroughly, start adding the eggs one by one into the bowl, beating steadily after every addition. Now pour out the concoction in a large bowl and stir half of the sifted flour in it. After that, pour in half of the milk too and continue stirring. Add the remaining milk & flour in the same manner and combine thoroughly.
3. When the batter is finally ready, distribute it equally among the cupcakes pans. Then place the pans inside the oven and bake for around 10-12 minutes.
4. Take the pans out and let the cakes in them stand for a couple of minutes. After that, transfer the muffins on a wire rack for cooling.
5. Now comes the decoration part. Pipe each cupcake with the buttercream icing using a pastry bag and insert different shades of Smarties within the icing to make them appear like X-Mas light bulbs. For a more dramatic effect, connect the Smarties by making a line out of black icing.
Your X-Mas light cupcakes are now ready. You can serve them to your party guests, friends who come to visit you during the holidays, and so on. Make sure you provide coffee, wine or soda along as well.
That will be all for this blog folks. I hope that you like this recipe as much as I did after discovering it the first time. For more such exciting posts, stay connected to my blog space