21 Feb 2017
If you have been planning to show some love to your family members by preparing something scrumptious and sweet, you can definitely use the recipe that I am going to share with all of you today. I stumbled upon this one while reading some cupcake stories online, and it really got a hold on my attention stubbornly. So without anymore rambling, I would provide the recipe to you straightaway. It’s called sweetheart chocolate cupcakes.
- 2 cups of sugar
- ¾ cup of hershey’s cocoa
- 1½ teaspoons of baking soda
- 1¾ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of water
- 1 container of vanilla frosting
- ¼ cup of chopped maraschino cherries
- Red food colouring
- Coloured sprinkles
- Hershey’s special dark chocolate chips
- First of all, heat your oven to a temperature of 176 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Next, line about 30 muffin cups, of diameter 2½ inch each, with foil or paper baking cups.
- Take a large bowl and stir together the sugar, baking soda, cocoa, salt, baking powder and flour in it. When all of them have mixed thoroughly, add the milk, oil, vanilla and eggs one by one. Keeping beating the concoction for 2 minutes using a mixer on medium speed.
- Now fill up to ⅔ of each cup with the batter.
- Place all the muffin cups inside the oven and bake them for at least 22 minutes. Insert wooden picks into their centres and see if the picks come out clean. Then remove the pans from the oven and set them on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Tint some or all of the vanilla frosting with drops of the red food colouring. After that, stir in the chopped maraschino cherries in it.
- Cover a cookie sheet or tray using waxed paper. Then place a cup of Hershey’s special dark chocolate chips inside a medium microwave bowl and heat it for about 60 seconds, or until the chips have melted. Spoon the melted chocolate inside a pastry bag and pipe patterns or heart shapes on wax paper. Refrigerate for half an hour.
- Use the designs shaped out of chocolate as well as coloured sprinkles to garnish your cupcakes.
If you liked this post, then don’t forget to provide your feedback in the comment section below.