28 May 2015
In my last blog, I discussed about the different food items that you can generally serve to your guests at a baby shower. I suggested some interesting menu ideas which included fruit salad, vegetable salad, tea, coffee, soda, punch, and also a few delightful and creative ideas for baby shower's cakes in Brisbane. To mention all the different food ideas that can be utilised for creating the menu of a baby shower would result in a never-ending list. However, keeping in mind the modern trends, I have tried to enlist some of my other personal favourites for a baby shower menu. Here they are:
- Finger Sandwiches – These sandwiches with cucumber fillings have always been one of the most frequently served food items at baby showers, especially the ones with a theme of afternoon tea. However, you can also choose other ingredients for the fillings besides cucumber, such as cream cheese, spring onions, finely cut chives, etc.
- Crackers – There are many varieties of crackers readily available in the market. You can buy two or more variants from the market and serve them with cheese, meat slices, garlic cream, dips, butter, jam or peanut butter.
- Chips with Dips – How about preparing several different types of dips with salsa, onion, artichoke, spinach, guacamole, etc. and serving them to your guests along with pita bread cut in the shape of small triangles, tortilla chips, corn chips, whole grain tostadas, etc?
- Chicken – Grilled chicken accompanied with peanut or teriyaki sauce is a lip-smacking baby shower menu item, which will surely delight your guests and grab you compliments from them.
- Chicken Wings – Chicken wings served with dressings of ranch are extremely favoured by men attending the baby shower.
- Meat Balls – Purchase packets of frozen meat balls from the market. Put the meat balls in barbecue sauce and heat the preparation on the day of baby shower as well as at food time. If you want you can also offer them as snacks to your guests.
- Baby Shrimps – Pre-cooked baby shrimps can be bought from any local grocery store. You can thaw them, and season according to your choice. The preparation generally tastes excellent when served with marinara sauce.
- Mini Pizzas – These can be prepared by topping small circular pieces of toasted bread with pizza sauce, pepperoni and cheese, and then baking the pieces for 10 to 15 minutes.
I hope you have found the above mentioned food ideas useful as well as exciting.